Land trusts, public agencies and community-based organizations across the state are invited to host free outdoor activities at parks and natural lands, as a part of Take It Outside California! Examples of outdoor activities include outdoor play events, bicycling, kite festivals, nature walks, tree plantings or community service events. This weekend is a great opportunity to welcome new visitors to enjoy California’s many parks, natural lands and waterways natural resources of our great state.
Fill out this form to become an event host.
Why host an event?
- Be part of the movement to get all Californians outside
- Connect people to the land
- Build the next generation of conservationists and supporters
- Create partnerships and relationships with new groups and audiences
- Increase statewide visibility of parks, natural lands and waterways in California
Become an Event Host:
- Host a FREE outdoor event for your local community
- Reach out to a new partner or community group
- Spread the word! Share photos, videos and posts using #TakeItOutsideCA
- Fill out this form to become and event host.
Take It Outside California! Toolkit
A comprehensive toolkit that will provide you guidance on programming, cultural relevance, planning, working with partners, media and much more. Check it out!
Looking to partner with another organization to host an event? Califonia Council of Land Trusts can help you connect you with other groups and potential partners. Contact Natalie Keeve or 916-497-0272 for more information.